Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ahhh! How is it Wednesday?

I am sorry everyone. The Monday holiday completely threw off my schedule and I didn't notice until about 8pm last night that I had not made my usual Tuesday post. Bad me! Well to try and redeem myself I am posting now.

I am planning on making soup tonight. There is no set recipe because I am flying by the seat of my pants on this one. I bought mirepoix and some chicken breasts and that is about as far as I have gone with it. I think I may try a white chili but I honestly have no clue. Fascinating reading, I know. Things that I know will be in the chili: Mirepoix, potatoes, roasted corn, peas, and chicken for the boy. I do have some rosemary and thyme; I am thinking to roast the chicken breasts with the herbs and chop them up and add them to his at the end. Ooh! I just forgot that I have also bought tortillas and I am planning to cut them up and toast them and add them at the end AND I have rice. So there.

You know that cooking show where the trained chef is a creeper in the supermarket and follows a woman home to make a gourmet meal with stuff she already has in her pantry? (it exists I swear) That would be helpful if it happened to me today. Cross you fingers and wait for pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment