Thursday, March 24, 2011

41-12

Recipe

Ingredients.

Potatotes (pre-peeling)


Potatoes all chopped up and ready to be boiled.

Boiling!

Boiled!

Boiled and drained and steamy!

Butter and wet mustards

Creme FraƮche

Milk and mashed.

Total anniolation! AKA Mashed.

My tofurkey sausage.

His chicken sausage.

His finished meal.

My finished meal.



Alright here it is. Bangers & Mustard Mash. I forgot to mention last post that it was mustard mash and not plain mash, but perhaps from the three different types of mustard that I listed in the ingredients you figured it out. This was okay. He ranked it as a 7 and I agree with that. With the amount of mustard that was in the mash you would think that it was knock your socks off spicy, but it really wasn't. It just had a mild mustard taste, that is unless you bit into a mustard seed. Then you got a small dose of the heat. The recipe called for me to use an electric mixer to whip the potatoes into shape to make them creamy. I didn't agree with that, I like me some lumps in my mashed potatoes. It lets you know that they were at one time solid single things and now they are all fuse and together. I wanted the texture; that and I didn't want to lug my electric mixer down from its home above my fridge. The texture actually complimented the meal rather well, to the point that I don't think that super smooth potatoes would be good at all.They would have just lowered the 7 to a 5. Another thing is that we chose a sweet Italian chicken sausage for his bangers and he informed me that these 'sweet' sausages were actually spicier than the mustard mash. The recipe called for chicken or veal sausage and he doesn't like veal so, yeah. I really did follow this recipe to the letter this time and it has lead me to believe that a certain amount of my 'flying by the seat of my pants'-ness is a good thing. Or maybe it is what I am listening to when I am making these meals. This week it was NPR talking about Libya, last week I listened to Jim Gaffigan and laughed my butt off. I might be on to something there.


Next week I will make something from my new cook book "I ♥ Trader Joe's cookbook"

No comments:

Post a Comment