Thursday, March 17, 2011

42-11

Shopping list for tuna.

Shopping list for hummus.

Tuna ingredients

Hummus ingredients.

Celery.

Celery chopped HIYA!

Onion.

Onion chopped *insert karate chopping sound effect here*

"Together in perfect harmony"

Squeezing the lemon for information juice.

"Fluff with fork" so said the recipe.

Mixing up the tuna.

Hummus before...

Hummus after! Quite the transformation.

You're Toast!

Now You're Toast With Hummus!

Finished meal!

Ah man, this one was great! Not only was it rather simple, it was delicious, and healthier than most. I will tell you right off the bat that I received a 9 for this meal, and he said it would have been a 10 but the hummus was just not thick enough. I totally agreed with him. This was very yummy indeed but the hummus just needed more texture.

He said that it was "The perfect blend of crunchy, chewy, spicy, and salty." It was too. I tried to follow the letter of the recipes this week because I was starting to get a bit off track and fly by the seat of my pants too much. This experiment is meant to help me learn, not just to finish with something resembling food. As you can see I posted the ingredients as the book called for them. I found nearly everything and if I was trying to look harder I could have found everything with many trips to many stores. As it was I got at least 98% of the ingredients called for. I could not however, find all the ingredients in the proper quantity. A fact that might actually be a good thing considering I am only making dinner for my darling and I and not 6 other friends. Let's just say there were no left overs, so it is a good thing that I didn't find all the right quantities. 

We both thought that this was delicious and had a definite feeling of a spring time meal. It was rather simple too so I could easily see myself making all these things separately and then bringing them to a picnic with friends or a BBQ or something like that. From what I read in the recipe, the longer the tuna sits mixed the better it is because the flavors all mingle together. Next I make hummus though I will not use as much lemon juice and yogurt, the thicker the hummus the better for this recipe. 

Well week 11 is now in the books and it is onward to week 12. Next week we have decided to do another from the books: Bangers and Mash! 

No comments:

Post a Comment