Thursday, April 21, 2011

37-16

Ingredients

Naked swordfish

Slathered in Nom Sauce

Sizzling

Potatoes

How to microwave broccoli in a microwave safe bag: Step one, put bag in microwave.


Step Two: microwave for three and a half minutes

Step Three: Do not get burned by the steamy steam.

Stirring potatoes

Flipping and sizzling


Final stirring of the potatoes.

Finished meals.


Alright, so here is my 'fly by the seat of my pants' meal. It garnered an 8 from the boy, who was shocked that it took me about 15-20 minutes to make. In all honesty it was kind of a cheat meal. Swordfish does not take that long to cook, the potatoes were from a bag and just needed to be heated in a skillet for about 7 minutes with the occasional stir, and the broccoli was the type that you microwave in the bag. If you would like instructions about the broccoli, I have included them in the above pictures.  I really do not have that much to say about this week's meal. It was good and hearty; plenty of green from the broccoli and the potatoes were delicious, I will most likely be buying them again. I did, slightly, under cook the fish, another 90 seconds and it would have been perfect. Over all though, it was quite good. Nothing to flashy or eye catching, just good and hot. The fish stood up to the Tabasco® sauce that I slathered on it, quite well. It could have actually used a little more in mine and his opinion, but if you are the type that doesn't like the spicy, then this would have served you very well.

I have been busy trying to structure all the things that I am doing for Easter, so I have put absolutely no thought into what I am going to do for next week. Check in next Tuesday to see if I get it together enough to make a meal! :) Till then I hope you all have a lovely holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment