Thursday, April 28, 2011

36-17 (but mostly Easter goodies)

Homemade awesomeness

Even the gumdrop rosettes.

Lemon cake!

With candied lemons!

So. Much. Nom.

Cheese, meet cheese.

The Gouda... it is so lonely.

But look! It has a friend!

Now even more friends!

All the cheese, now time for the other nomness.

EPIC CHEESE PLATTER!

Peas

Like Skittles®, but healthy. Taste the rainbow, yo.


It just looks so colorful!

Working real hard on this recipe.

You know you heard that noise in your head 'Thusmackud'

Must resist eating raw dough...

That's right, bunny and tulip shaped rolls! It makes them taste better. For real.

The aftermath

Mom's Easter basket.

Always fresh, just like me.


Finished meal :)

As you can tell, not all of this is from last night. Since this past weekend was Easter, and I made a ton of things for the holiday, most of this is from then. My darling gave me a pass for this week. I took pictures of all that I made for Easter and instead of making him dinner, I bought it for him from Subway. I feel Subway is a less of most evils when it comes to fast food. We also walked to it as apposed to taking the car, so that is a little healthier too. All right, so, all the Easter stuff... I know what you are thinking, "Easter? But the first picture is of a birthday cake?!". This is because my mom's birthday was the Monday after Easter Sunday, and she needed a dedicated birthday cake, just like everyone needs a dedicated birthday cake when it is their birthday. I am also ridiculously proud of that cake because it is 100%* homemade, frosting and all, (*The only things I didn't make by hand on that cake are the pearls that spell 'happy birthday', and the blackberry jam that is in the inside) which is why it is first in the pictures. It took me a while to make too, but I did it and it was delicious! I also made the lemon cake from the recipe of my darling boy's grandmother. I made the candied lemons that are on top of that cake too. The point is I made a lot: the cheese platter, the peas, the peppers & onions, the Easter basket for my mom, the rolls, both the cakes, and the mess of dishes that followed. The boy told me that I should state that I also made the Subway building, hired the crew, bought all the ingredients, got all the proper permits, trained the crew, then I had them make his sandwich. This, of course, is a bit of a stretch, but I will take credit for it if he insists. Well, there you have it. Week 17 is now toast! Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment