Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The All-American!

Menu for 5/4:

  • Hot Dogs with butter toasted buns
  • Tater Tots
  • Corn on the cob
  • Watermelon
  • Ice Cream
First off, I apologize that I didn't make my usual Tuesday post, the day just got away from me. Secondly I am not going to list an ingredient list; this is mostly because I don't want to list what exactly is in hot dogs, but also the menu speaks for itself. He will be having the 97% lean and kosher Hebrew National® hot dogs, so really the inside meat shouldn't be that bad. I will be having the Lean Life® vegan dogs, I can tell that they are nothing like the "real thing" but I still like them. In all honesty, I don't really remember what "real" hot dogs taste like anymore, it has been that long. So the vegan dogs will do, and really, how much more American than fake soy product can you get? Speaking of American, I would like to say that the boy and I decided on this menu on Saturday, so any ironic or not so ironic leanings it may have toward certain currant events is 100% coincidence. Now that I am thinking about it though, it is rather amusing that we picked an All-American meal this week. Anyway, since I do not own a grill and my landlord loves his yard as if it were another child, I will be cooking these dogs in some other fashion. As of this second I don't know how. I might boil them, or perhaps sear them in a pan, or something else that I have not thought of yet. It will definitely be a nom worthy meal though, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment