Thursday, May 5, 2011

35-18

The ingredients.


Tots, pre cooking.

Water soaked corn.

Tin-foiled!

Mmm, watermelon...

Can you spot the hidden me in this picture?

Nom, nom.

Americana.

Bubbles!!!

His.

Hers.


All right, so here is the All-American, ballpark, cookout meal. We both thought that it was fitting that I made this on a day that the Sox had a two hour rain delay. Can't really elaborate why, it is just how we felt. It was rainy and cold and this meal hit the spot.

This meal was just what you think it is. Delicious. I ended up chopping up some fresh yellow onion to put on the dogs. Also, I pulled out the whole grain Dijon and the ketchup. The boy mainly used all of that though. I had cheese. Nom nom, life giving cheese, on my veggie dogs (vogs?). I also had ketchup and so did the boy, who informed me that having ketchup on a hot dog makes said hot dogs not classic any more. I did not know that. I thought that a classic dog was in a toasted bun (hee hee), with ketchup, yellow mustard, and relish. Shows you what I know. Anyway, mine had cheese, wonderful, cheese, in two forms: pub cheese and shredded. Now, I know what your thinking; what the heck is pub cheese?! Well it is this delightfully yummy cheese like spread, that if allowed, I would most likely put on anything and everything. It is basically a spreadable sharp cheddar cheese. Nom.

I was granted a 9 for this meal. It would have been a 10 but the corn totally dropped the ball in the category of being delicious. Speaking of the corn, some of you might be confused by the treatment that it received. Since, as I mentioned in my Tuesday Wednesday post, I do not at this moment in time own a grill AND my landlord is obsessed with his lawn, I therefore had to cook everything in a non-grill way. My way of cooking corn on the cob is normally to soak it in water, wrap it in tin foil and throw it on the grill for 20 minutes. This accomplishes many things at once: 1) you do not have to immediately shuck the corn, 2) cooking it in its self provided wrapper (i.e. the leaves) keeps in the nom-ness of the corn, 3) you do not have to deal with a giant pot of boiling water when you are ready to eat it, just let it cool and peel it open. So I did that, but instead of 'on the grill' it was more of 'in the oven'. It didn't help it any though, it is just too early to have good corn. This stuff was starchy and kind of bland. Both of which are not a product of my cooking ability, so the docking of the 1 point could be classified as unfair. The boy countered by saying that it, the bland, starchy corn, took away from the rest of the meal, and I hate to say that I agree but, I do. Other than the non team player, the meal was delicious and we were both so stuffed afterwards that we couldn't have ice cream that was mentioned. Luckily it is still in the freezer for another day. Yay!

I have an idea for next week that I haven't bounced off the boy yet; I am fairly certain that he will say yes to it though. Four words: Tuna steaks, blackening seasoning. Stick around folks, this is just getting started!

1 comment: