Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Blackened does not always mean burnt... Just FYI

Menu for 5/11:

  • Blackened albacore steaks
  • Ginger confetti rice
  • Sesame roasted brussel sprouts
Blackened albacore steaks:
Albacore tuna steaks (defrosted), Blackening seasoning.

Yup that is about it. I am planning on taking the steaks and liberally applying seasoning, then I will cook them. I am thinking in the skillet.

Ginger confetti rice:
Okay I am going to cheat on this one, it is just microwavable rice. I may add a bit of butter and salt but that is honestly all I am planning.

Sesame roasted brussel sprouts:
Sesame oil, brussel sprouts, salt, pepper.
I have done this recipe a couple of times now and have received positive reviews nearly every time. I do not boil them at all, I simply slice them in half and douse them in the oil, salt&pepper. I then cook them in the oven for about 15 minutes, uncovered, and voila, delicious veggies. Even those who normally stear clear of this little cabbage tend to enjoy a sprout or two when they are prepared this way.

So there you have it. That is what is brewing in my brain at this point in time. I know that it seems like it will be a bit of work, but I think that the most time consuming thing will be to cut the sprouts. I also think that this hearty dinner will be just the thing after the weather we have been having over the last few days. It has been overcast, rainy, and in the mid 50's for the last three days. It is May for crying out loud! Where are the lovely spring days that make you want to sing like Maria Von Trapp?!?!?! Not here in good old MA, that's for sure. Alas, the scorching heat of summer will be here soon and I should at least enjoy not freezing to death. *sigh* Well on that up beat note, stay tuned tomorrow for pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment