Thursday, April 14, 2011

38-15

Ingredients

Pre washing and chopping

Peeling

Time to get chopped

An artsy-fartsy close-up type photo.

Another of the artsy-fartsy.

All chopped.

Time to die boil.

Everyone in the pool!

Steamy

Everyone else in the pool!

Pesto time

Now goat cheese time

Recipe finished

Finished Meal (I added tuna to both of them in the end)



I can not even tell you how excited I am that I have made it to week 15. That is three and a half months! In 11 more Wednesdays I will be half way done! Of course that puts me at the end of June, so, naturally I will be half way done. Well now that that is over with, shall we proceed on with the show? Okay then.

This week I made another recipe from the "I ♥ Trader Joe's®". It was the 'One-pot Pesto Pasta, Potatoes, and Green Beans', and it was good. I do apologize for not including a picture of the recipe like I have been doing. I had a stroke of luck last night; the digital camera decided that it wanted to work. This is why the picture quality is so high. I missed using that camera. You can really tell how Nom-tastic all the food is when you can get all up in its grill.

I received the ranking of 9 from the boy. I agree with him on this, however, we couldn't really give you a good reason why it is not a 10. It just isn't. The title of the recipe is 100% true by the way, it really is all in one pot. You first boil the potatoes, take them out and throw in the green beans, then take them out and throw in the pasta. After the pasta is finished you just toss it all together. Then; BOOM Goes the dynamite, you're done. Simple and delicious! I did deviate from the recipe slightly and I added tuna to the finished product. I did this for a couple of reasons: 1.) With the amount of carbs that this easy and simple recipe contains I felt it necessary to add a little bit of protein 2.) I had, like, three cans of tuna that I needed to use for something, so why not put one in here 3.) The chicken sausages that he had left over from 'Bangers & Mash' were slimy like a worm and totally gross.

This meal was totally delicious but very filling. For those of you that do not like goat cheese (i.e. crazy people), you will be happy to know that, even though, there is a lot in here you do not taste it at all. The boy and I were actually marveling at this and we think that it is the pesto that does the trick. Both flavors are so in-your-face, but the pesto kicks the goat cheese in the bum, then converts it to his way of being. I like the outcome; it resembles something of a creamy pesto.  

As for next week... I am thinking something healthier than this, but just as nom. I don't have any recipes in mind yet though.

No comments:

Post a Comment