Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Having your cake and eating it too.

Menu for 4/13:

  •  One pot pesto pasta, potatoes, and green beans
Ingredient list:

One large or two small boiling potatoes, fresh washed and trimmed green beans, thin pasta (like spaghetti or linguine), goat cheese. 

For reasons I can not explain, I have always been of the state of mind that having both pasta and potatoes on the same plate is something you just do not do. Sort of like how you don't drink soda before noon or how scrambled eggs are (normally) a breakfast food. It just is, that's why. Then I came across this little ditty. I am pretty sure that this recipe is going to rock my world view and I can not wait. The boy found this one in the book, when he brought it to my attention I noted that one can add what ever protein source one wanted to this and I bet it would still be really nom. He still has chicken sausage in the fridge; they are fully cooked but he needs to use them up. As for me, I am thinking of adding some tuna that has been kept in olive oil. I guess that I could use regular tuna if I wanted. I honestly do not know. We will have to see what Wednesday night holds. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment