Friday, June 3, 2011

31-22 The word one

So Blogger decided that I couldn't write words on that last post, unless they had pictures with them. My words are just fine Blogger! They do not need picture chaperones!!!!Well most of the time they don't! Okay, well you work with what you have right? So onward to the words!!

This week I made Salmon Hash. It was good. It was scary at times, but it came out better than expected (yay!).It was fairly simple: put stuff in pan, heat it up, put more stuff in another pan, mix that stuff, then join the pans in holy nomness. I think it would have been even simpler if I followed the recipe. I didn't. I played poor person this week and bought salmon in a can, instead of fresh salmon like the recipe told me to do. That was the scary part. The salmon in a can. IT HAD SKIN AND BONES! THE BONES WERE IN THE CAN! THAT IS JUST NOT RIGHT! It creeped me out, and the boy had to step in and take charge of the situation and be all manly, it was good. Luckily, I had bought a small (read:normal tuna can size) can of salmon that specifically stated that there were no bones or skin in the can (YAY!), and I added that to the potatoes and onions when the time came.

So because of my failure to deal with creepy bones and skin that were in a can, the boy ranked this meal a 7. He said that it would have been an 8 if he didn't know and/or had to deal with the freak out. That is good I because I was going to rank it a 6 myself. It just didn't seem to be right; it wasn't bad by any means, just lacking. Still, a 7 is pretty good. There was "salad' too, the recipe called for it. This "salad" was really just arugula with that dill mixture (watered down like the recipe said) in a bowl. It was meh, and then I tried to fix it. I went back in the kitchen and added some honey, rice vinegar, nutmeg, and agave sweetener, to the dill mixture. *poof* Salad dressing. I was still only adding it to arugula though, when I think salad, there are at least two ingredients that are not the dressing. Just sayin' Food Network recipe, just sayin'.

On another note, I apologize for the lateness of this update. On Wednesday, we ended up having a lot of left overs from the weekend and there were tornadoes outside. Thur the meal was served on Thursday and the post today. Why so late today? Because I am lazy and was having too much fun watching this. Anyway, I think I will go back to the books next week, so stick around and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment