Friday, June 10, 2011

30-23 Glamorous salmon and its stir-fry

Ingredients.

Squeezing the honey.

Honey successfully squeezed.

Table eye view of the honey going into the bowl, to start the marinade.

Soy sauce goes into the pool next!

Then the juice of one lemon.

And then sesame oil.

Finally red chili flakes.

WHISK!

Salmon marinating (kind of)

Veggies!

I stirred in a little of the sesame oil and threw in the veggies.

"To the pan with you!!"

Salmon and sauce/marinade

VEGGIES! AGAIN! COOKING THIS TIME!

Final product.

As you may have noticed, I did not have a Tuesday post this week. I was very busy this week. My little sister graduated high school!!! They held the ceremony on Wednesday night, a fact that I feel is very weird. Also it is disruptive of my weekly routine. I got over it though, I mean, how often does your sister graduate high school? Answer: Hopefully once. To state the obvious, the ceremony being held on a Wednesday night meant that I could not cook dinner that night. So, I cooked dinner on Thursday night.

I made "Glamor Salmon", from the "I ♥ Trader Joe's®" cookbook. I did this for two reasons: 1) to go back to a cookbook that has served up some really great recipes, and 2) to redeem salmon in my eyes. It worked. I did do a little bit of improv though, the book insisted that I use the broiler to cook the fish, on a 90+ day, that was not going to happen. It also wanted me to to marinate the fish for about 20 minutes. Listen book, you may be awesome and all, but I just don't have that kind of time! Instead of marinating and broiling, I put both in a skillet with a lid (not SKILLET WOOT, that is a specific pan) and put them to simmer for about 10 minutes, flipping the fish half way through. It turned out great! The boy gave me a 10 for this meal, I personally thought that the rice was a little bland (I didn't add anything to the rice), and that a 9 would be my vote. The rice worked with the meal though, if I had gone crazy with it, I think the whole meal would have been over flavored. That would not have been good. As it stands, the prep and cooking for the entire meal only took about half an hour. There you go, a simple, yet delicious meal, that took less than an hour and could easily be prepared any might of the week.

Next week: I have no clue, I am concentrating on my little sister's graduation party on Saturday, and what I have to bring to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment