Saturday, July 2, 2011

27-26 before vacation dinner!

Ingredients

Pre-seasoned Garlic Chili Tilapia

Introduction: This is my herb pot that is living in my kitchen, I hope that it will make more appearances in this blog in the future.

Choppin' the basil

Well... slicein' the basil really.

Fish is cooked!

Corn? Basil? This is looking familiar..

Cooking up the frozen veggies! Look at the steamy mist... ooooo!


Rice and butter.

And corn?

AND Basil?!

cookin' the veggies more

Mix, and they are delicious!

Finished meal!
All right. I am super late with this update, so I am sorry about that. I have been busy this week because.... wait for it..... wait for it.... WE ARE GOING ON VACATION!!! I am so excited about this, that all week I have been sitting at my desk at work, trying not to explode. Seriously. Okay well, what does all that mean in regards to this weeks dinner? I will tell you what it means! It means I copped out and bought pre-made things, because I was just too busy preparing for the trip. Okay, so maybe not a total cop out. The boy and I have been seeing the pre-seasoned fish at TJ's for weeks now, thinking that they would make a good Wednesday Night Dinner®. We were right. It made a very yummy and quick dinner. I paired it with things that I have already used in earlier meals. Things that I knew the boy had really liked, such as the corn and basil rice, and the "Beans so green". This proved a good thing for me because the boy gave me a 10 this week. Though in all honesty I give myself an 8. This was not super challenging and I had already made two of the components for other meals... But hey, he is giving me a 10 and I will happily except it. I did cook the fish differently than they suggested. They recommended that you should use the broiler. F that. I am not cleaning the broiler the week before I leave on vacation. Not happening. So, as you can see from the pictures, I just put a cooling rack on a cookie sheet and put the fish one top. Easy pea-zee, lemon squeezy. Cookie sheets and baking racks are way easier to clean than broilers.  Okay well I am going to be off next week, but I will still be cooking. Don't worry, I will inundate you with boring vacation pictures in a couple of weeks. Promise! Have a fun and completely unsafe 4th! The favorite holiday of pyromaniacs! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment