Friday, June 24, 2011


Ingredients

ORZO!

Sad butter is sad.

Garlic.
This is what sad butter and garlic look like when mixed.

And this is what they look like when you add Haricots Verts(Fancy french green beans)
Mirepoix added.
Draining the Orzo of all information water.
Langoustine tails.
Look at them simmer... MwAHHAHAHAHA!
Orzo added to the sad butter, garlic, mirepoix, and green bean mix.
GOAT CHEESE!



Melted Goat Cheese!!!

Add The Langoustine


Finished Meal!!!




Oh man. So. Langoustine. It is real good.  I know it sounds fancy, but it really isn’t.  It is like some weird hybrid of shrimp, crawfish, and lobster. It is meatier than shrimp, not as sweet as lobster, and kind of looks like a crawfish. The boy had never had it before, so I figured that I would broaden his horizons with this one. That, and the whole meal was a FBTSOMP meal (fly by the seat of my pants). I did not want to do another “I ♥ Trader Joe’s®” recipe. Though they are delicious, I had been relying on that book a bit too much for my liking lately. So when we went grocery shopping last weekend, I just pulled things off the shelves that looked good, and that I thought would go well together. I was right. This meal got me a 10 and made my kitchen an awful mess. A mess that I have yet to really clean up from. Say, is there anyone out there that would like to donate any of the following:

  • A dishwashing machine
  • A person who likes to wash dishes
  • A new set of pans every week, so that I can just throw the dirty ones away
  • A nice apartment in Belmont or Waltham that has a dishwashing machine


Anyone? Anyone at all? The boy finds it amusing that, for the amount of love I have for cooking, I have the equal amount of animosity for doing dishes. Least. Favorite. Chore. EVER! I can understand now, why, when growing up with my single mom, we rarely used anything but paper plates and cups and such. We used real silverware, but everything else was easily tossed in the trash. My mom, the genius. *sigh* Okay, so if anyone has anything off that list for me, just leave a mention in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment