Thursday, January 20, 2011

50-3

Waffle ingredients

Waffle Batter.

Hashbrowns pre-cooking

"Shoot gurl... D'you spray?"

Breakfast sausage (ish)

Eggs with milk

Hashbrowns after cooking

Remember, constant stirring on a medium low heat

Finish product (nom nom nom)


So here it is, breakfast for dinner. There was a small hiccup that it was done on Thursday night instead of Wednesday, but hey sometimes you just can not help the fact that life can get in the way of life.

This was all fairly simple and it was a request from my Darling. I started kind of late because I wanted it all to be warm when he came home so dinner really wasn't served until about 9pm. One of these days I will actually serve dinner at the right time, I swear. Anyway, as my (currently) 1 follower will see from the picture I did not spray the waffle iron well enough the first time and there was a bit of waffle carnage there.  WARNING: An inside joke is about to happen: "SHOOT GURL! D'you spray?!". The answer is no, no I did not. That aside all went according to plan and nothing (minus the sacrificed waffle) was ruined. I didn't even set off the smoke detector. I am proud of that fact considering the level of multi-task cooking I was doing.

This whole meal garnered a "solid 8" from the boy, and when asked for the one word descriptor he said "comfort" and then added "food" to it. I am thinking of changing the one word descriptor to a one phrase descriptor; I think that that would be far easier to handle in the scheme of things. In all honesty I find it really amusing that he requested breakfast for dinner because he rarely ever eats breakfast. It needs to be a special occasion and for other people besides he and I to be involved before he will consent to eating before 3pm. It can be very frustrating but I deal.

This was all very delicious and we had left over waffles that I plan to toast up in the toaster oven over the weekend. There are left over hashbrowns too but I think that I might only manage to get one of them. Hashbrowns, especially crispy hashbrowns, are nom nom with two big N's in the eyes of my darling. As for next week, I have no idea yet but you should check in in case I make haggis  or something equally disgusting.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment