Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Not Haggis! 1/26

Menu for 1/26:

  • Salad
  • Shepard's Pie
Salad:

Baby spinach, arugula, carrots, tomatoes, Parmesan, sesame soy ginger dressing.

I am fairly certain that we have gone through this salad thing before. This one is a little bit different but nothing too extravagant. The Parmesan is is iffy though; I might not put it in. I don't know yet.

Shepard's Pie:

Garlic mashed potatoes, ground bison, hodge podge veggies, mirepoix, roux.

It has been years and years since I have made a Shepard's pie. I used to make them when my little sister and brother were young and I lived at home, neither of which has been the case for a long time. I am predicting this to be rather simple; brown the meat, cook the veggies, mix with roux, cook potatoes, layer, cook the whole thing. I will let you know if there is anything that makes it more difficult. If you are wondering about the bison it is merely because I could and none of the beef looked good enough. Also if you are paying attention and noticed in the last two posts that I mentioned that I am something of a vegetarian and are wondering how I am going to eat this I will tell you. I have 'fake meat' and I plan on making my own little Shepard's pie with that. I'll take a picture so that you can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment