Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Breakfast for Dinner

Menu for 1/19:

  • Scrambled Eggs
  • Breakfast Sausage (ish)
  • Waffles
  • Hash Browns
Scrambled Eggs

Eggs, touch of milk (2%), butter, salt to taste, whatever else you want to put in them (I am thinking perhaps dill and Parmesan cheese).

This is scrambled eggs. If you don't know how to make scrambled eggs or you don't know what they are then you might just be a lost cause and why are you reading this blog? If by any change that has offended those of you who are clueless and hopeless who might be unfamiliar to this delicacy then let me enlighten you. They are fairly simple; crack eggs, whisk them, put in pan, stir, don't burn. Those are the main steps, for those who want to take it up a notch here are my steps. Whisk in about 1/2 a tbsp. of 2% milk per three eggs (I normally use large eggs but I have been known to also used extra large), pour into a pan heated on a medium low heat with at least 2 tbsp. of butter melted in it, stir gently but constantly, when the eggs just start to take form then add whatever fixings you would like, keep stirring, take them off the heat a little before you think that they are done (they continue to cook in the pan off the heat). Boom goes the dynamite you are done.

Breakfast Sausage (ish)

 A box of Morning Star Farms® breakfast sausage patties.

I am planning on following the directions on the back of the box. Simple as that. I should however explain the (ish) at this point. You see my darling boy is very much a meataterian and I am very much not. This, you may have noticed to a degree with my last posting. "His" had bratwurst, "Hers" had a lot of broccoli. I know what you are thinking right now 'but there was so much cheese? and she is making real eggs?!'. I don't stand by any code of terms when it comes to my system of eating; I eat what I like and I happen to not like most meat and love cheese. So there you have it.

Waffles

Just standard waffles from a box, the add an egg and some water type.

I think that that describes it pretty well. I am rather fortunate to live in a Trader Joe's® area and there rendition of Bisquick® is better than the real think in my opinion so I am going to be using that.

Hash Browns

I will be using the pattie type.

See the above 'Waffles' the description is basically the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment