Thursday, January 13, 2011

#51/#2 Blizzard Wednesday

Fresh washed tomatoes.

That is how white it was outside.

Large yellow onion.

Yes I cheated with the basil. I couldn't for the life of me find fresh.

Ready to cook!

This is what it looked like all blended up; far less red than I thought it was going to turn out.

Spaghetti and brats.

Cooked spaghetti

The browning of the minced garlic.


The finished Spaghetti Aglio E Olio.

His.

 
Hers.


Well I ended up lucking out with a snow day on Wednesday. That meant that I got to stay home and take nice pictures and take my time. I have to say it was rather lovely; I think that we here in the Northeast should have at least one snow day a week just for the principle of the matter. Anyway, onward to the feast! The sauce was very easy to make, I love the Crock-pot®! I just chopped everything up and put it on low for the day, so simple. Also because I was home all day I was able to enjoy the aroma of the tomatoes and garlic cooking; rather delicious if I do say so myself.

As for the spaghetti aglio e olio, it was rather simple as well, though I did manage to mess it up with my conversions of measurements. In my genius brain I figured that two people did not need an entire pound of spaghetti, I did not however take into account that I should not make the entire amount of sauce for the adjusted amount of pasta. Because of this the meal ended up a little watery; as you can see in the "his" picture.

The watery factor did not affect the boy asking for seconds and saying that I can make this again for him if I liked. Surprisingly though it ranked one peg lower on the 1-10 scale of the overall meal (it was ranked at 6 as last week was a 7). When asked if he could give one word to describe the meal he gave me three; nourishing, savory, hearty. I'll take it.

Next week is still in the air. It will be either breakfast for dinner (which was requested by my darling) or some type of stew that I can make in the Crock-Pot®. Keep checking in to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment