Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Gearing up for 1/12

Menu for January 12th

  • Spaghetti Aglio E Olio
  • Slow Roasted Tomato Garlic Sauce
  • Steamed Broccoli
  • Bratwurst Sausage

Spaghetti Aglio E Olio:

Dried spaghetti, good olive oil, whole garlic cloves, crushed red pepper flakes, fresh minced parsley, fresh shredded Parmesan and Kosher salt.

This is another of dear Ina Garten's recipes from "How Easy Is That?". I am looking forward to a less intensive entree and I am fairly certain that I know how to cook spaghetti so this should be a snap. Also, for those who want to know, 'Spaghetti aglio E Olio' translates to, spaghetti garlic and oil.

Slow Roasted Tomato Garlic Sauce:

Roma tomatoes, large yellow onion, garlic cloves, fresh basil, dried oregano, good olive oil, sugar, salt & pepper to taste.

As I told you at the end of last weeks post, I have decided to re-introduce myself to my Crock-Pot®. This recipe is how I am going to do that. Now I am sure that the above 'Spaghetti Aglio E Olio' is quite delicious on its own but my darling is on the type that he needs "red sauce" to truly enjoy pasta or pizza. Thus I am trying my hand at creating my own! This seems fairly straight forward so I am not expecting any surprises.

Steamed Broccoli and Bratwurst:

Broccoli, really hot water, bratwurst.

I don't really think that I need to elaborate on these things. I am not going to do anything fancy with anything in this step. Just cook them.

Onwards and upwards to 51/2!

No comments:

Post a Comment