Thursday, February 10, 2011

47-6

The ingredients

Cooking the "noodles" (a.k.a. spaghetti)

Searing the shrimp

Cooking the veggies

Sauce, shrimp, and veggies all together

Finished meal!


Well here it is! As you can see but the ingredient picture I "cheated" by using frozen veggies and bottled sauce. I don't mind if you think that I am a cheater; the 'cheats' save me time and money and are probably better than I could have made.

The whole meal took me about half an hour to make and was served nice and steamy hot right at quarter past eight. The boy ranked it at an eight (a high eight, but still an eight), saying that the sauce was a bit sweet for his taste. It was, however I did add a little bit of crushed red pepper flakes to add a tad bit of heat, so it wasn't all sweet. In hindsight I could have added some soy sauce to the mix and perhaps if I make this again I will. There were a couple of things that I added that did not get in the pictures; garlic, honey, lime juice, the aforementioned crushed red pepper flakes, and a pinch of red onion. I figured that those flavors would all go with the theme of stir-fry so I added them into the veggies in a "willy-nilly" pattern, and yes that is the technical term. He did enjoy it, I know that for sure. He went back for seconds and would have had more but he was too full. I also gave him chopsticks so it could be just that much more of a challenge. In my opinion it was very yummy and I agree with the eight out of ten ranking.

So I have no clue what I am going to make next week but I do know that is has to be good. Next Wednesday is the day before my darling's birthday! Yup, it has to be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment