Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Stir-Fry LIKE CRAZY!

Menu for 2/9:

  • Stir-fry with shrimp and noodles
Stir-fry:

Shrimp, noodles, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, mixture of veggies.


This Wednesday night dinner will be a product of being short on time and funds. I already have most of the ingredients in my kitchen as I am typing this. Actually, I have all of the ingredients, what I should have said was that I already had most of the ingredients just out of hand. 

I am anticipating and easy night with this one. I don't think I will be getting a snow day (sad), so something quick will be a good thing. Stir-fry is the definition of simple in my world. Get a whole bunch of fresh (or frozen in some cases) stuff, toss in skillet, sear, add sauce. BOOM, done. If you are looking for a better definition of "stuff" I classify it (in this case) as such: Protein, Starch, Vegetables. Rice will not be included in this particular stir-fry because of the noodles. Doubling up on veggies is great, but doubling up on starches... not so much. I may add red chili flakes to it for heat but I am still undecided on that point. He loves the spicy. I have a love hate relationship with it.

Check in on Thursday for the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment