Thursday, February 3, 2011

48-5

All of the ingredients

Tomatoes

Beans

Peppers

Mirepoix

Spices

Ready to cook

Grated dark chocolate and cocoa powder

Chocolate and cocoa added

Finished meal.

Well there you have it! Chili with chocolate. It tasted... hmmm, how to describe it? It tastes like, like, chili. Yup that about sums it up; chili. However it smelled like chocolate and the mixture was a very interesting sensory experience.

As for the boy; I think that he loved it. He ranked this meal as a 9 out of 10. He said, "Not what you might expect from the ingredients; it is rich and hearty meal that literally anyone would enjoy." I think that that is a pretty good compliment. That and he went back for seconds; always the mark of an excellent meal. He did mention that if there was meat in the chili it would have been out of this world but as it was it was merely fantastic. Meat could very easily be added to this, just sear up some steak or chicken and toss it in at the end.

The rice worked out a lot better than I thought it would. It really soaked up the chili-ness and made the meal a meal. When the boy went back for seconds there was not more rice so he used a piece of bread, it reminded me of a savory strawberry short cake. We were also left with quite a bit of left overs, so perhaps I will update this post later to tell you how they work out. Come back next week when I will let you know that I am going to cook because right now I have no idea. YAY!





No comments:

Post a Comment