Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chocolate for dinner! 2/2

Menu for 2/2:

  • Vegetarian Crock-Pot® chili with chocolate
Chili:

Mirepoix, garlic, green pepper, red pepper, black beans, red kidney beans, canned tomatoes with juice, paprika, chili powder, cumin, oregano, sea salt, unsweetened coca powder, 60- 70% dark chocolate.


Yeah, you read right. Chocolate. For dinner. To be fair it isn't that much chocolate and it is mostly low on the sugar ratio. It is also going to be the last thing added to the meal before serving. The point is though, there is going to be chocolate for dinner and I know that you are jealous about it. HA!

I found this recipe on the Internet during a search for delicious veggie recipes that the boy would eat without commenting on the lack of meat. Since the both of us are fans of dark chocolate and chili, this one caught my eye. I think that I may cook some rice to go with it to make it a little more hearty but just keep it off to the side in case it is too much. This recipe also is letting me utilize my lovely little Crock-Pot®. Seriously, whom ever it was at the The Naxon Utilities Corporation of Chicago that thought to themselves "You know what? I want to be able to put a whole lot of stuff in a pot with liquid, cover it, and then let it cook for 8 hours on a low temperature so that I can get a ton of other stuff done and I don't have to worry about the food burning or catching fire.". That person is my hero of the day, perhaps even the week.

Alright, I will check back in on Thursday with the finished product and let you know how it goes. With any luck I will have a snow day tomorrow and be able to monitor the whole process. Thank you to whoever keeps scheduling the snow storms for Wednesdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment