Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fried Rice à la carte

Menu for 5/18:

  • Fried Rice (à la carte)
  • Spicy Edamame
  • Vegetable Gyoza
Fried Rice:

Rice, egg, soy sauce, green onion, snap peas, shrimp, tuna, scallops, chicken, Canadian bacon.

I apologize for my inability to update on Tuesdays. Tuesday is always a busy day at my office, and by the time I get home I have forgotten to update. Well it's better late than never right? Right?! Hee-hee, of course it is... So fried rice huh? Yup that is what I am making, AND, I am making it from the all important (dare I say pivotal) work "Cookery for 1 or 2". Hands down, the best $1.99 purchase I have ever made. The "à la carte" option is not in the book however, I made it up when I went shopping this week. The book calls for chicken, shrimp, or beef, to be added as the main protein. I decided "feh!" on those options when I was standing at the seafood counter and looking at lovely fresh shrimp and fresh tuna AND fresh scallops. i figure that I will cook them all up and have them on the side. That way the two of us can pick and choose what we want in our nom nom rice.

Spicy Edamame:

Just that, edamame with spice. I am "cheating" on this one, it is a Trader Joe's® thing, you throw it in the microwave and three minutes later you have steaming hot nom.

Vegetable Gyoza:

Same thing as the edamame, except minus the microwave, add the oven and there is more than just three minutes involved.

I am fairly certain that this meal will be delicious, and no, I am not just saying that because half of the meal is coming straight from a bag. Though that may play some type of role in the nom factor. Check back tomorrow for pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment